A Master Composter Training Programme will be run in Waterford during March & April in partnership with GIY and Stop Food Waste.
If you are involved in a community group, school, Tidy Towns group, resident association, Men’s Shed, etc. you can take part in this for free.
- Session 1. Friday 3rd March. Theory. Garden Waste Prevention (Garden Design & Layout)
- Session 2. Friday 10th March. Theory. Composting Essentials. (How it all works)
- Session 3. Friday 24th. Theory. Composting Systems for Gardens
- Session 4. Friday 31st. Theory. Wormery & Green Cone Digester. Use of Compost
- Session 5. Saturday 1st April. 10am-3pm. Practical session. Building a 3 bay turning system, a slow system, leaf mould enclosure, burial system & setting up an ordinary plastic composting bin at GIY HQ
- Session 6. Saturday 8th April 10am – 3pm. Practical session. Setting up a wormery (Vermiculture) & Green Cone Digester at GIY HQ, Lunch. Official Opening after Lunch with Certificate presentation.
Four of these sessions (duration of 2 hrs max. each, to include a break) will be theory based groups sessions and 2 sessions will be the practical building of a compost area (of 5 hours duration, to include lunch break). The first four sessions can be held either during morning or evening so please let us know which would suit you best when expressing interest in these workshops.
At the end of the training participants will be master composters with the ability to train others in composting skills and set up a fully functioning compost area of their own. If you are interested in this course, please email Ella Ryan at email@example.com
Places are limited.