Waterford City and County Council is currently inviting applications from community groups for funding to assist with the organisation of a cycling themed event during Bike Week 2017, which will take place from 10th to 18th June. The objective of Bike Week is to celebrate cycling in all its forms and to get more people participating in cycling both for transport and recreation.
The type of groups which may apply are community groups, voluntary organisations, schools, sports clubs, active retirement groups, community childcare service providers, work places or any group that wishes to organise a bike related event on a ‘not for profit basis’ during Bike Week 2017.
Examples of possible Bike Week events include (but are not limited to):
- Guided bike tour of a town/village. These can be themed, for example, heritage, gardens, or food trips.
- Cycles from your school to a local amenity on cycle to school/work Wednesday (14th June) for bike based games such as treasure hunts and slow bicycle races;
- A midsummer night cycle
- Bike maintenance workshops
- Bike art exhibition
- Bike school art competition, quiz or drama
- Family fun cycle
- Bike fashion show
- Cycling window display competition in local shops
- Picnic cycle
- Fancy dress bike parade.
- Greenway Cycle
The list is endless!
Grants available may be somewhere in the range of €100 to €350 per successful group/event, depending on applications received and the nature of those applications.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or, alternatively, application forms can be posted to Johnny Brunnock, Community Dept., Waterford City and County Council, Civic Offices, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
The closing date for applications is 4 p.m. Mon 3rd April 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
For further information e-mail Johnny Brunnock on email@example.com or lo-cost call 0761 10 2496.