The North Quays of Waterford have been acknowledged as a key strategic site for economic and social development at National level. The National Spatial Strategy 2002 (NSS) describes the development of the North Quays as an “opportunity for consolidating Waterford City around the River Suir”.
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 169 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, (as amended) Article 179 of the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (as amended) and Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC that Waterford City and County Council, at its meeting on the 8th February 2018, having complied with the provisions of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) decided by resolution to make the Waterford North Quays Planning Scheme.
A copy of the Planning Scheme together with accompanying Environmental Report and Natural Impact Report are available for inspection during normal office hours at the following locations:
- Waterford City & County Council, Planning Department, Menapia Building, The Mall, Waterford City.
- Waterford City & County Council, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Davitts Quay, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford
- Adopted Waterford North Quays SDZ Planning Scheme
- Chief Executive’s Report on Draft Planning Scheme for North Quays
- Section 10 of Chief Executives Report
- Section 11 of Chief Executives Report
- Appropriate Assessment – Natura Impact Report
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
- Traffic & Transportation Impact Assessment
- Newspaper Notice
Any person or body who made submissions or observations in relation to the Draft Planning Scheme, may appeal the decision of the planning authority to An Bord Pleanala within 4 weeks from the date of the planning authority’s decision (i.e. 4 weeks from the 8th of February 2018).