Notice is hereby given that in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993, it is proposed to temporarily close the following public roads to facilitate the 2018 Waterford Harvest Festival, 7th-9th September 2018.
From 6pm Thursday 6th September until 6am Monday
10th September, the following streets will be closed to
facilitate a street market:
- O’Connell Street – L1502 (from its Junction with Thomas
Street to Gladstone Street)
- Hanover Street – L90016
- Thomas Hill – L15021 (from its Junction with Meeting
House Lane to O’Connell Street)
- Gladstone Street – L5501
- Great Georges Street – L90352
- Sargents Lane – L15023
- Little Patrick Street – L90355 (Car park not affected)
- Arundel Lane – L5532
- Barronstrand Street – L91091 (from the Cathedral of the
Most Holy Trinity to its junction with Blackfriars Lane)
- Broad Street – L91092
- Michael Street – L1527 (from its Junction with Broad
Street to Lady Lane)
Please Note: Local access for commercial vehicles for unloading/loading on the above streets will not be possible once the roads have closed so deliveries for John Roberts
Square should use Little Patrick Street Car Park and deliveries for O’Connell Street/Gladstone Street should use the loading bays on The Quays.
2. From 8pm Thursday 6th September until 11pm Sunday 9th September the following roads will be open to Taxis and Buses only:
- Bakehouse Lane – L55301
- Peter Street – L5531
- Patrick Street – L1525 (from its Junction with Stephen Street to Broad Street)
3. From 8pm Thursday 6th September until 11pm Sunday 9th September on street car parking on the following road will be removed and will become a 30 min set down only
- High Street – L5533 (form its Junction with Exchange
Street to Conduit Lane)
Please Note: The Taxi Rank and Bus Stop on Peter Street will operate as normal. All other traffic will be diverted to Manor Street and Barrack Street via Stephen Street. Local access
for commercial vehicles for unloading/loading on the above streets will not be possible once the roads have closed so deliveries for Arundel Square should use High Street where a set down area will be in operation.
Disabled Parking: From 8am Friday 7th September until 8pm Sunday 9th September additional disabled Car parking will be made available in Little Patrick Street Car Park.
Any person may lodge an objection to this temporary road closure with undersigned no later than Friday 24th August 2018.
Director of Services
Roads, Water & Environment
Waterford City & County Council
Menapia Building, The Mall, Waterford City