TAKE NOTICE, Waterford City and County Council is proposing to provide the following traffic calming measures at Lower Branch Road L4162 Tramore, County Waterford.
A traffic survey was completed on the 24th April 2016 which confirmed that 32.82% of the vehicles surveyed exceeded the 50 km/hour speed limit.
The proposed measures include:
- In order to reduce speeds and reduce the crossing distance for pedestrians, a series of footpath build outs and pedestrian crossing points are proposed. The biggest
contributors to pedestrian risk on through routes in towns and villages are vehicle speed (particularly at off-peak times) and crossing distance.
- The first controlled pedestrian crossing is proposed on the Majestic side of the Medical Practice located on the Lower Branch Road.
- The second controlled pedestrian crossing is located at the existing Bus Station on Lower Branch Road.
- There is also one uncontrolled crossing at the Majestic Hotel proposed.
- A series of footpath build outs and new lining works shall delineate the new road layout and crossing points (3 in total).
The drawings outlining the proposals are available for inspection at the following locations and are also attached to this notice:
- Customer Services Department, Bailey’s New Street,
- Customer Services Department, Davitt’s Quay,
Dungarvan, Co. Waterford.
The drawings are available from Tuesday 20th November 2018 to Thursday 20th December 2018, both dates inclusive. Objections or representations in respect of the proposed measures may be made in writing to Mr. Alan O’Shea, Executive Engineer, Metropolitan District, Menapia Building, Waterford or by email to email@example.com and must be received before 4.00 pm on Thursday 20th December,