The Artlinks partnership of local authorities Arts Offices in Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford and Wexford has awarded over €60,000 to artists in the South East. Supported by the Arts
Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon this grants stream provides professional development
opportunities and supports for established and emerging artists who are resident in these
The recipients of bursaries from the Arts Office, Waterford City & County Council are:
- George Higgs/Music, Ardmore.
- Blawnin Clancy/Visual Arts, Dungarvan.
- Catherine Barron/Multidisciplinary, Dungarvan.
- Cora Cummins/Visual Arts, Villierstown.
- Emma Penruddock/Literature, Clashmore.
- Adam Phelan/Theatre, Waterford city.
- Mary Grehan/Literature, Passage East.
- Kathleen Dobbyn/Visual Arts, An Sean Phobal.
- Clodagh Beresford Dunne/Literature, Dungarvan.
- Eamonn Dolan/Theatre, Dungarvan.
- Lani O’Hanlon/Literature, An Sean Phobal.
- Róisín Sheehy/Literature, Tramore.
Margaret Organ, Arts Officer, Waterford City & County Council remarked that the standard of applications was particularly high and that it was positive to see new applicants being supported. She thanked everyone who applied and wished the awardees every success with their chosen courses, projects, mentoring and workshops.
Artists who are resident within the four partner Local Authorities can register for
membership free of charge on www.artlinks.ie