Waterford City & County Council are now accepting the public’s submission on the development of a Coastal Walking Trail from Portally Cove to Ballymacaw Cove, Co. Waterford.
The principle features of the proposed walking trail will be:
- The development of a 4.8km recreational coastal walking trail from Portally Cove to Ballymacaw Cove within the townlands of: Portally; Rathmoylan and Ballymacaw
- The development of 3 water crossings proposed for Portally Cove; Rathmoylan Cove and Ballymacaw Cove
- The 4.8km trail surface will be retained as is for the majority of the route with rerouting only proposed in the interest of safety and will traverse agricultural grassland which will be fenced where required
- Fencing, access gates, drainage and ancillary trail infrastructure will be installed to Sport Ireland Trails Office standards
Waterford City and County Council has carried out an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Report in accordance with requirements of Section 120(1B)(b)(i) and has determined that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment. Accordingly, it has determined that EIA is not required in respect of this proposed development. In addition, the proposal has undergone Appropriate Assessment Screening under the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000 as amended, and the Planning Authority has determined that a Stage 2 Appropriate Assessment is not required in this instance.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, at the following locations:
- Waterford City & County Council, Customer Services Desk, Civic Offices, Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan
- Waterford City & County Council, Customer Services Desk, Baileys New Street, Waterford, between the hours of 9.30 am to 4.00 pm Monday to Friday for the period 17th September 2019 to 14th October 2019, inclusive (excluding Bank and Public Holidays)
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the proposed development would be situated, may be made, to be received on or before 4 p.m. on Monday 28th October, 2019:
- In writing, to the “Director of Economic Development & Planning, Waterford City & County Council, No. 35 The Mall, Waterford” OR
- By ONLINE SUBMISSION
Documents and Drawings