As part of Waterford City and County Council’s Diverse Waterford Oral History Project, we are inviting community groups interested in oral history to an a workshop with Dr. Tomás Mac Conmara, Oral Historian and Author at Central Library, Lady Lane, Waterford City on Wednesday 6th November at 5pm.
This workshop will include:
- Presentation on the “Diverse Waterford Oral History Project”
- Ethics & Legalities of oral history
- Life Cycle and other approaches to collection
- Research and Preparation
- Controlling the interview environment
- Interview Skills including demonstration of audio recording
- Associative Collection and administration of your interview.
The workshop will be interactive and will allow time for discussion. It will also be supported by illustrative audio clips, drawn from both Diverse Waterford interviews and the presenter’s collections.
This is a free workshop but places limited. Booking essential. You can reserve your place here: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/diverse-waterford-oral-history-training-tickets-77756316235
This is a joint initiative of Waterford Libraries, Waterford City and County Archive and Creative Waterford. Please share with community groups who may be interested.
Dr. Tomás Mac Conmara is an Oral Historian and Heritage Consultant. He is author of The Time of the Tans, An Oral History of the War of Independence in County Clare.
For more information contact Sinead O’Higgins at email@example.com