Waterford City and Council invites submissions from community groups, youth groups, schools or other community development organisations, based in County Waterford, who are interested in receiving funding for public education and awareness initiatives regarding litter or graffiti.
Is your group planning a project to raise litter awareness in County Waterford by holding a cleanup, running an event or creating an information board?
Or maybe you are planning an anti-graffiti awareness initiative? If so, you may be eligible for a grant towards the cost of the project.
Conditions and criteria used in selecting anti-litter and anti-graffiti awareness community initiatives:
1. All projects should seek to promote greater public awareness and education in relation to litter and/or graffiti and should have a particular focus on involving schools, youth groups, environmental groups, voluntary groups or community groups.
2. Grants should be used, where possible, to leverage local business co-funding of anti-litter or anti-graffiti education/awareness measures.
3. If successful a payment of 50 % of the approved grant shall be paid to the name of the
Organisation specified on the Grant Application form. Please ensure that this name is the sameas the name on the Organisation’s bank account. The balance grant of the remaining 50% will be paid following receipt of a completion grant form and evidence of monies spent.
4. Projects that receive funding will be obliged to submit a completion report on their project in 2020 detailing expenditure.
5. Projects should be to a high standard and should aim at establishing or replicating best
practice in relation to litter or graffiti education/awareness measures. Please note only
applications with education awareness will be considered. The grant is not for structural items, such as street furniture, signs or CCTV cameras etc.
How to apply:
1. The application form for this grant is available from the http://bit.ly/AntiLitterGrant2020 or by phoning 0761 10 20 20
2. The grant application form should be completed and returned to the Environment Section for consideration by the closing date 7th March 2020.