In response to the Taoiseach’s announcement of Friday 27th March, Waterford City and County Council have implemented the following measures:
- With immediate effect from Monday 30th March 2020, all City and County Council offices are closed to members of the public until further notice, with the exception of Waterford Integrated Homeless Services at 28 Parnell Street, Waterford and some very limited public access, strictly by appointment, for certain housing services.
- Phone lines will be manned on a 24/7 basis at 0761 102020 – Please note the out of hours service is for EMERGENCY COUNCIL SERVICES ONLY.
- Waterford Integrated Homeless Services (WIHS) at 28 Parnell Street, Waterford will remain open during normal opening hours to deal with homeless emergencies. WIHS can be contacted directly at email@example.com or on 0761 10 2499.
- A dedicated Community Support Helpline – 0761 102020 – is operational in Waterford City and County Council to assist at risk members of the public in accessing non-emergency and non-medical supports and advice during the current public health emergency. The helpline is focused primarily on ensuring that vulnerable members of the community or those living alone can access deliveries of groceries, medicine and fuels. The confidential phone line service is being established by the new COVID-19 Waterford Community Response Forum, which includes over a dozen agencies and organisations.
- Only priority services will continue to be maintained (e.g. water supply and wastewater services) as well as emergency response services (e.g. roads maintenance, public lighting and housing maintenance) together with minimal waste management/street cleansing services and a minimal parks maintenance service.
- Waterford Fire Service will continue to operate as normal.
- The Motor Tax Offices will be closed, however postal and online motor tax service will continue to operate.
Council staff will ensure a continuity of essential and critical service across our key operations and the Council’s Crisis Management Team will continue to meet on an ongoing basis.
General information on Council services can be accessed online and the Council is asking members of the public to avail of these services by:-
- Phone 0761 102020
- Logging onto www.waterfordcouncil.ie
- Postal queries to Customer Services Desk, Bailey’s New Street, Waterford
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Waterford City and County Council’s response will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities.