A work-in-progress performance opportunity.
Are you in the process of creating a new work or have an idea you want to develop?
Imagine Arts Festival is offering an exciting opportunity for 3 artists / groups of artists, to present a work in progress at Imagine Arts Festival 2020. We are accepting applications from artists of all performance disciplines (Dance, Theatre, Circus, Multidisciplinary etc.) We are particularly interested in hearing from artists based in Co. Waterford and the South East of Ireland.
The Imagine In-Development performance ‘IMAGININGS’ will take place on the evening of Thursday 22nd of October with some basic tech provided – the venue is to be confirmed but will be in Waterford. The performances will be open to the public and the audience will have the opportunity to express feedback to the artists.
What we can offer
The chosen artists/companies will receive €500 towards producing their performance
One of these Artist’s will have the opportunity to discuss a commission of their fully developed work for Imagine Arts Festival 2021. This artist will be chosen by Imagine’s Advisory team.
- Minimal tech support on the day of the showing, including 1.5 hours tech time
- Structured audience feedback
- A film of the live performance
- We will handle all marketing and promotion of the event
- We cannot cover accommodation, travel or per diem costs
- We cannot host aerial rigging in the venue
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Title and short description of the proposed work (max 300 words)
- Name of the choreographer/writer/director/lead artist, a short biography/CV and jpg images
- Names of performers if different from above
- Length of piece (20 min max).
- A short video link of the work so far (no longer than 2 minutes) or videos of your past work if you do not yet have footage or a script if it is a text-based piece
Deadline for submissions: June 30th
For further information about the festival, please visit www.imagineartsfestival.com
Please direct any queries for the attention of Nora at email@example.com