“BUY 1st Hour, get 2nd Hour Free”
From Thursday 11th June, 2020 to 31st July, 2020 a new parking concession to incentivise business and trade in Waterford City Centre will be introduced. The initiative applies to car parks operated privately and to those run by Waterford City & County Council.
Under the scheme, when a motorists pays for the 1st hour parking, they will receive the 2nd hour free. Pay & Display machines have been calibrated to add the time to the ticket dispensed.
All the usual parking enforcement will apply and all machines will be calibrated to issue a 2 hour ticket when one hour is requested.
Due to the current remedial works in Grattan Square, Dungarvan, parking is FREE in this Car park from Friday 12th June, 2020 to Friday 31st July, 2020.
Some FAQs on the scheme are listed below … please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
FAQs relating to the “BUY 1st Hour, get 2nd Hour Free” parking concession.
- P&D machines have been calibrated to add the extra time to the ticket dispensed.
- If you pay for 2 hours or more, you will still only receive one hour free.
- If you pay for a portion of an hour i.e. the minimum payment, you do not get any free parking.
- Jenkins Lane car park has a 3 hour max stay. The machine will only accept the price of 2 hours and give the 3rd hour free to comply with the restriction of 3 hours.
- There are no changes to the weekly or all-day tickets at Waterside Car park or Millar’s Marsh Car park.
- Bolton Street Car park – €1.00 per hour, no max stay – pay 1st hour, get 2nd free i.e. one additional hour added to number of hours paid for.
- O’Connell Street – there is a max stay of 1 hour. However for the duration of this initiative if you pay for 1st hour you will receive the 2nd hour free, thus allowing 2 hours stay on the street for this period only.
- Pay & Display machines do not give change.
#StayLocal #StaySafe #TogetherWaterfordisStronger #MyWaterford