The Housing Section of Waterford City & County Council will shortly carry out a Housing Needs Assessment in accordance with Social Housing Assessment (Summary) Regulations, 2016.
- Q. What is a Housing Needs Assessment?
A. The Housing Needs Assessment is a review of all approved applicants for social housing supports who are currently on the social housing list with Waterford Council. The information provided by each approved applicant will be re-assessed under the Social Housing Assessment Regulations 2016 taking into account the applicant’s eligibility and need.
- Q. How will the Local Authority contact approved applicants?
A. Waterford City & County Council will write to/email/telephone each approved applicant on its social housing list using the current address provided by the applicant. (If you have moved address please contact the Housing Section on 0761 10 24 77 to update your address details.)
- Q. What will you have to do?
A. Each approved applicant will be asked to complete a form and provide documentary evidence of any changes to circumstances. The completed form and all relevant supporting documentation should either be posted to the Housing Applications Office, Bailey’s New Street, Waterford or emailed to email@example.com
• In the interest of public safety during the ongoing pandemic we would urge applicants to return update forms and supporting documentation by post or by email rather than in person at the Customer Services Desk in either Waterford City or in the Civic Offices in Dungarvan.
- Q. What will happen if I do not return the information requested?
A. If you fail to return this information within the specified time period your application for social housing may be terminated and therefore you may not be considered for future offers of social housing support.
- Q. What about HAP, RAS and leasing tenants?
A. HAP, RAS and leasing tenants will not be contacted for the purposes of this exercise, but their housing applications will remain open and approved.