A new Register of Electors is compiled each year, and the draft of this is published on 1st February of the following year.
You can be included on the draft register by completing Form RFA and returning it to the Franchise Section of Waterford City and County Council.
You can inspect the Draft Register during working hours at Customer Services of the City and County Council or the Offices of the County Registrar, at public libraries, post offices and Garda stations. The public is invited to check the Draft Register to make sure they are correctly registered.
You have until the 25th November 2020 to make a correction or have your name included on the draft Register. The Live Register of Electors is then published on 1st February of the following year and comes into force on the 15th February.
To be able to vote in an election or referendum, a person’s name must be entered in the Register of Electors for the locality in which the person ordinarily resides.
Please note it is a person’s own responsibility to ensure that they are registered (or de-registered), and/or to inform the local authority of a change of address. A person may be registered at one address only.
- Form RFA – Application for inclusion on the draft Register of Electors 2021-2022
- Form RFA3 – Change of Address form
- Form RFA5 – Application for inclusion in the Supplement to the Register of Electors by a person already registered, who becomes an Irish citizen
- Form PVS1 – Application for inclusion in the Supplement to the Postal Voters List by persons with a Physical Illness or a Physical Disability
- Form PVS2 – Application for inclusion in the Supplement to the Postal Voters List by electors unable to vote at their polling station due to circumstances of Occupation (including certain Students)
- Form SVS1 – Application for inclusion in the Supplement to the Special Voters List
- Form SVS5 – Application for Civil Servants serving outside the State Application for inclusion in Supplement to Postal Voters List
- Foirm RFA – Le cur san áireamh I ndréacht-Chlár na dToghthóirí 2021-2022, ní mór duit foirm iarratais RFA a chomhlánú.
- Foirm RFA3 – Iarratas ar ainm a chur isteach san fhorlíonadh a ghabhann le Clár na dToghthóirí – Athrú ar Sheoladh.
- Foirm RFA5 – Iarratas ó dhuine atá cláraithe cheana féin a thiocfaidh chun a bheith ina s(h)aoránach Éireannach a ainm/a hainm a chur san áireamh san Fhorlíonadh a ghabhann le Clár na dToghthóirí
- Foirm PVS2 – Iarratas ó thoghthóirí nach bhfuil in ann vóta a chaitheamh ina stáisiún vótaíochta de bharr imthosca Slí Beatha etc. (lena n-áirítear mic léinn áirithe) chun a n-ainm a chur san áireamh san Fhorlíonadh a ghabhann le Liosta na bPostvótálaithe).
- Foirm SVS5 – Státseirbhísigh atá ag fónamh lasmuigh den Stát Iarratas chun ainm a chur san áireamh san Fhorlíonadh a ghabhann le Liosta na bPostvótálaithe