#StormBarra – see www.mapalerter.ie/waterford for more
Waterford City and County Council wishes to advise of the following (additional) severe weather events in Waterford City and County.
Reports of a fallen tree on the Bog Road, going towards Brickey Rangers GAA ground, Carriglea, Co. Waterford. Council crews are now in attendance
- Tree fallen across the road close to Ballycurrane National School (near Clashmore).
- Tree down at Ballinameela Cross on the way to Aglish
Tree down on the road (R681) Kill – Bonmahon Road, one mile outside of Kill. CLEARED
ESB pole down at L3055, Carrigeen Road between Newtown Cross Roads to Ballydurn GAA grounds
- L3055 Newtown Cross road to Dunphys Pub just off the N25 is now closed until tree cleared during daylight hours.
- Tree down on the road from Ballinroad Cross to Garranbane CLEARED
- Tree down at Fenor, coming from the direction of Tramore, just before Mother McHugh’s Pub.
- Telecom line across the road at Ard na hoe – Dunhill
- Reports of dangerous street light near Fairfield Park on Old Tramore Road
- Reports of aluminium facet hanging from building at Pebble Walk, Pebble Beach, Tramore
- Fallen Tree is blocking the roadway along the L5089 Curraheenavoher outside Ballymacarbry Village. Please use alternative routes. CLEARED
- Flashing speed sign at Crehana National School. Sign damaged and brackets hanging off, not on road yet but with more gusts could be a hazard. Caution needed.
- Tree has fallen down in Kenure park in Powerscourt on Dunmore Road, and leaning against another tree.
- L7084, fallen tree at Harney’s Cross to Tickincor (outside Clonmel on Waterford side) – CLEARED
- Tree down near Cushcam off N25 – Near Martin Fennell Contractors – road blocked – proceed with caution. CLEARED
- Waterford train station has reopened following earlier closure
- R682, Tree Down, Tramore Road at Cullencastle – CLEARED
- Tree down Castle Road, Butlerstown
- Ongoing Power outage in Dunmore East, parts of Tramore and Waterford city
- Tree down in Tycor Mews, Waterford city
- Fallen tree on the Bog Road, Portlaw (near Rockett’s Castle) – CLEARED
- Fallen tree in Curraghglass, Tallow, 2 miles from Tallow, heading towards Connell. Fire Services are in attendance
- Fallen tree at Gracedieu East
- Tree has fallen between the Towers and Ballyduff Village on the Lismore/Ballyduff Road – CLEARED
- Road Closed on L1501 Billberry due to fallen tree on ESB lines – CLEARED
- Large tree fallen in Marion Park – CLEARED
- Power outage in Dunmore East, parts of Tramore and Waterford city
- Tourin/Cappoquin Road L1018 closed due to road flooding. Closed from N72 Junction to Graveyard. Diversion via Lismore.
- Faithlegg Road closed, tree down at Jack Meades. Diversion via Passage.
- R683 Dunmore Road Closed, tree down. Emergency services on site. – CLEARED
- Wood Road – Glendine Road L-2004 is blocked due to fallen trees. Please avoid this road and take alternative routes.
- Oil spillage on Tramore Rd R682 at O’Keeffe’s Cross, Tramore.
- The L4144 Promenade in Tramore will be closed to vehicular traffic until further notice.
- Waterford train station has closed due to flooding.
If you see a fallen or damaged tree, please notify Waterford City and County Council on 0818 10 20 20 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you see a fallen wire, do not approach and report it to ESB Networks on 1800 372 999
Please note the following emergency contact numbers below:
Irish Water Emergency 1850 278 278
ESB Networks 1800 372 999
Gas Networks Ireland 1850 205 050
MapAlerter incidents, mapped