Latest report reports of localised flooding on the following roads, due to high intensity rainfall:
- ORANGE level rain warning from Met Éireann. Heavy falls of rain will continue with surface flooding and poor driving conditions.
- Spot flooding reported on roads in Ballinacourty and Ballinroad, Co. Waterford.
- Powers the Pot Road is impassable due to heavy snowfall
- Flooding reported on Airport Road at Ballygarron, Co. Waterford.
- Snowfall accumulation from Ballymacarbry to Clonmel – The road is treated with salt and passable, extreme caution advised.
- Snowfall accumulation from Clonmel to Rathgormack – Currently being treated but please avoid if possible.
- Snow accumulation on local roads in Clonmel / Ballymacarbry / Rathgormack – Should be avoided and drive with extreme care.
- Spot Flooding reported in Tramore at Lower Branch Road, Pickardstown, Riverdale Estate and Butlerstown.
Rainfall is expected to ease in the next hour so flooding is expected to recede later this afternoon. However overnight temperatures are expected to drop to close to freezing, with snow and ice expected overnight.
Waterford City and County Council crews have been deployed to the various locations and are dealing with the situations on the ground. Gritters and snow ploughs have been deployed to the Clonmel area.
- Near JayBee’s on the R684 – Waterford to Dunmore East road.
- Near the Shrine on R685 – Tramore to Dunmore East Coast road.
- Cork Road at Morris’s Builder Providers – road is impassable, please avoid.
- Spot flooding at numerous locations – please drive with caution.
Waterford City and County Council ground crews currently investigating.