Notice is hereby given that Waterford City & County Council proposes to seek approval of An Bord Pleanála for a proposed walking trail at Cappoquin and Kilbree East, Co. Waterford, comprising
- A steel platform structure to link Avonmore Bridge with the existing Cappoquin Rowing Club access ramp
- Refurbishment of the existing Cappoquin Rowing Club access ramp with anti-slip surfacing and new balustrades
- A new, asphalt surfaced trail route through the grounds of Cappoquin Rowing Club
- New steps and pathway from Cappoquin Rowing Club to the N72
- A new pedestrian and vehicular access between Port na h’Abhann and Cappoquin Rowing Club
- Steps, stone gabions and landscaping between the proposed vehicular access to Cappoquin Rowing Club and the river
- A paved walking route along the quay wall to the rear of properties on Port na h’Abhann, including new restraint along the river
- New public realm spaces and a refurbished slipway at Cappoquin Boat Club
- A woodland embankment trail on the eastern approach to the Old Red Railway Bridge, together with landscaping of the embankment and timber post and wire fence
- Refurbishment of the masonry and steel sections of the Old Red Railway Bridge to form a new walking route, including asphalt surfacing on the masonry section of the bridge, decking to support composite surfacing on the steel section, balustrades, and planted areas
- Surface treatment of the existing steel on the Old Red Railway Bridge, including grit blasting and surface coating
- A new steel access ramp to provide multi-user access to the western landing of the Old Red Railway Bridge, including balustrades
- Refurbishment of the existing footpath along Tourin Road using asphalt and granite kerbing
- Refurbishment of the existing footpath along Avonmore bridge using natural stone paving together with a new drainage channel
- Public lighting along the entire trail route
The following Protected Structures are considered to be materially affected by the proposed development:
|RPS Number||NIAH Reg Number||Townland||Location/Name||Structure/Use|
|50||22810097||Cappoquin||Avonmore Bridge||Vehicular bridge|
|519||22810114||Kilbree East||Cappoquin Railway Viaduct||Disused railway bridge|
An Architectural Heritage Impact Assessment Report has been prepared in respect of the effect of the proposed development on these structures. An Appropriate Assessment Screening Report and Natura Impact Statement (NIS) has been prepared as part of the application for approval in respect of the proposed scheme.
An Bord Pleanála may give approval to the application for development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development.
A copy of the Plans and Particulars for the development, the Natura Impact Statement, and the Appropriate Assessment Screening Report will be available for inspection at the following locations during working hours from Friday 27th May 2022 to Friday 8th July 2022 inclusive:
- The offices of Waterford City & County Council:
- Customer Care Office, Bailey’s New Street, Waterford, X91 XH42. Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4pm (open through lunch).
- Customer Care Office, Civic Offices, Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan, Co. Waterford. X35 Y326. Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 4pm (open through lunch).
- Available for inspection below.
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, between the hours of 9.15am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The Natura Impact Statement and the Appropriate Assessment Screening Report may be inspected free of charge or purchased on payment of a specified fee (which shall not exceed the reasonable cost of making such copy).
Submissions or observations may be made in writing only to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 D01V902 during the above-mentioned period relating to:
- The impact of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concerned.
- The likely effects of the proposed development on the environment, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site.
Submissions or observations must be received by An Bord Pleanála not later than 5.30 pm on Friday 8th July 2022.
A person may question the validity of a decision by An Bord Pleanála by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No.15 of 1986) in accordance with Section 50 of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Documents & Drawings
- Avondhu Newspaper notice
- Dungarvan Observer notice
- Dungarvan Leader notice
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Architectural Heritage Impact Assessment Report
- Planning Statement and Particulars
- Site Location Plan
- Site Plan
- General Arrangement Sheet 1
- General Arrangement Sheet 2
- General Arrangement Sheet 3
- General Arrangement Sheet 4
- General Arrangement Sheet 5
- General Arrangement Sheet 6
- General Arrangement Sheet 7
- General Arrangement Sheet 8
- General Arrangement Sheet 9
- General Arrangement Sheet 10
- General Arrangement Sheet 11
- Sections Sheet 1
- Sections Sheet 2
- Section Elevations Sheet 1
- Section Elevations Sheet 2
- Section Elevations Sheet 3
- Section Elevations Sheet 4
- Section Elevations Sheet 5
- Appropriate Assessment Screening
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Natura Impact Assessment
Letters to Prescribed Bodies (Section 177AE)