The Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin TD, launched the Night-Time Economy Support Scheme (NTESS) in support of two recommendations in the Report of the Night-Time Economy Taskforce.
- €2.6m has been allocated to support entertainment in off-peak times to increase footfall in our cities and towns later in the evening and night-time.
- Pubs, nightclubs, cafés and other suitable licensed and unlicensed premises may apply.
- Funding will be available to trial a series of cultural activities (minimum number of 4 events), with a maximum grant of €10,000 available per application.
- Events such as music, including electronic music, comedy, dance, literature, poetry, theatrical productions, plays, craft and Art/photographic exhibitions will be funded.
- This Scheme is now open for will open for applications and it will remain open until 1pm on Friday 22nd July 2022 or until the fund is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
- Applications for funding can be made here: https://ntess.tcagsm.gov.ie
The new Night-Time Economy Support Scheme (NTESS) provides funding of €2.6m to pubs, nightclubs, cafés and other suitable licenced/unlicensed premises to support the provision of entertainment during off-peak times. The aim is to promote an increase in footfall in our cities, towns and villages as well as providing artists with paying gigs and customers with more a more alternative, diverse and inclusive night-time offering.
This initiative is in support of two recommendations in the Report of the Night-Time Economy Taskforce https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c1ba7-report-of-the-night-time-economy-taskforce/
We wish to take this opportunity to thank you for the valuable contribution to the development of the scheme and ask that you share this information with your sector.
If you have any queries in relation to this scheme please email NTESS@tcagsm.gov.ie