Waterford PPN are delighted to announce the launch of the 2022 Waterford PPN Community & Voluntary Awards. This year’s awards are in collaboration with Waterford City & County Council, Waterford Volunteer Centre, South East Energy Agency, BHP Insurance, Local Link Waterford, Expressway and the Dept of Rural & Community Development.
The awards scheme is the only platform in Waterford that recognises and celebrates the commitment and vibrancy of the community and voluntary sector and the value of the voluntary contribution made by community and voluntary groups and volunteers.
The awards acknowledge groups and individuals who, through their commitment to voluntary and community activities, have played a significant role in enhancing the quality of life in their communities. The awards gala ceremony, where the winners will be announced will take place on November 24th where all nominees will be invited to attend the evening.
Categories & Prizes
- Children & Youth – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Environment & Conservation-– Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Health & Wellbeing – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Social Inclusion & Community Support – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
- Spick & Span/Best Kept Residential Area – Winner receives €700 & 2 x €400 runners up prizes
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Youth (Under 18) Volunteer of the Year
- Age Friendly (Over 55) Volunteer of the year
- Board/Committee Member/Volunteer of the year
Pride of Place Nominees
The winning group (Chosen from the winners of the 5 category awards) will be put forward by Waterford City & County Council to represent Waterford in the 2023 national All Island Pride of Place awards.
Closing date for receipt of nominations is FRIDAY 16th SEPTEMBER 2022
So, go ahead and get nominating your local community and voluntary groups and individuals