Chimney fire signs
• A chimney fire produces excessive smoke.
• Burning embers may fall down the chimney.
• Flames or sparks may be visible from the top of the chimney.
• A loud roaring noise may be audible.
A chimney fire can turn into a house fire if not dealt with!
If a fire breaks out in your chimney or stove
• Get out.
• Call 112 or 999 without delay.
• Ask for the fire Service.
• Speak calmly and clearly.
• Give your address and phone number. If you are calling on your mobile, say what county you are in.
• Only hang up when the operator tells you to.
• Stay out.