We are delighted to inform you that our Annual Europe Direct Soapbox Competition will once again take place online this year with fantastic prizes for the regional finalists and the overall national winners!
We are delighted to invite your students to record a short video for, or against, the soapbox topic:
“Is Europe Listening to its Young People”?
· Entrants are invited to deliver a three minute speech on video for or against the topic:“Is Europe Listening to its Young People”?
· Contestants will compete in one of two categories: 16 and under / 17 and over – tick the appropriate box on the application form.
· A regional winner will be selected from each category to compete in a National final and have the chance to win the cash prize.
· To avoid technical issues, we ask that that videos be submitted in MP4 format. (This is the format in which all Android phones and iPhones automatically save videos.)
- All entries must be received before 2pm Wednesday on the 30th of November.
Please find a Poster, an Application Form, Competition Rules and a reminder Tick List attached above. Entry forms/Competition Rules and Tick list can also be downloaded from: https://waterfordlibraries.ie/europe-direct-soap-box-competition-2022/
Wishing all entrants the best of luck!