Notice is hereby given that Waterford City and County Council, in exercise of its powers
will close the following public roads to through traffic from 8th to 10th September, 2023 to facilitate the 2023 Waterford Harvest Festival.
Road to be closed:
1. From 6am Friday 8th until 10pm Sunday 10th September 2023.
• L5532 Arundel Square
• L5531 Peter Street
• L15237 Michael Street North (from its junction with Patricks St. to Lady Lane)
• L91092 Broad Street
• L91091 Barronstrand Street
• L90352 Georges Street
• L90353 Blackfriars Lane
• L90354 Arundel Lane
• L90355 Little Patrick Street
• L55301 Bakehouse Lane
• L1525 Patrick Street
• L1502 O’Connell Street (from its Junction with Thomas Street)
• L5501 Gladstone Street
• L15023 Sargents Lane (from its Junction with Jenkins Lane Car Park)
2. From 6am Saturday 9th September until 10pm Sunday 10th September 2023
• L1528 Johns Street (Applemarket)
A comprehensive Traffic Management Plan will be in place from the start of the road closures and all alternative routes will be signposted.
• Access to the Cork Road from Ballybricken Green shall be via Mayors Walk and Barrack Street.
• Access to The Quays from Ballybricken shall be via James Street & Vulcan Street.
• There will be no access to The Quays from O’Connell Street after Vulcan Street.
• Access and egress to Jenkins Lane Car Park shall be via Meeting House Lane only.
• Entry to Patrick Street will controlled by security and barriers at its junction with Stephens Street and Carrigeen Park and all non-permitted traffic shall be directed to Stephens Street and onto Lady Lane. Traffic Permitted to the closed section of Patrick Street will only be Taxis, Festival Production and Emergency Vehicles.
• Access to Alexander Street shall be via Stephen Street, with egress via Lady Lane. The traffic direction on the section of Lady Lane from Michael Street to Bakehouse Lane shall be reversed for the duration of the Road Closures.
Access will be maintained for the emergency services at all times to all areas subject to these road closures.
As on street car parking on the above streets will be unavailable during the event car owners who reside on the affected streets will be asked to relocate to other areas of the city. Any vehicle found parked in such areas will be impounded and will be subject to a release cost.
All businesses within the cordon area are being asked to avoid, if possible, deliveries to and from their premises during the festival period. No unauthorised vehicles will be allowed within the site area between the hours of 8am – 9pm.
Access to all city centre car parks will be unaffected.
The following Bus Routes will be affected:
W4 – Peter Street to Browns Road.
Full details will be made available closer to the event from Bus Éireann.
Arising from the closure of Peter Street and Arundel Square the Peter Street Taxi Rank shall be closed for the duration of the Road Closure and a Temporary Stand shall be installed in Patrick Street.
Signage within City Square Shopping Centre and at Peter Street will direct users to the