Waterford City & County Council proposes to undertake the construction of a 3km long pedestrian and cycle improvement scheme along the R675 Tramore Ring Road between Riverstown Roundabout and Newtown Roundabout, Tramore.
The proposed works include:
- Construction of a dedicated two-way cycle track separated from vehicle traffic by a raised kerb or grass verge.
- Junction tightening measures along the route.
- Upgrade of 5no roundabouts to improve safety for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Construction of 3 No. signal-controlled pedestrian crossing points as indicated on the drawings.
- Improving connections to existing footpaths and estates at various locations as indicated on the drawings.
The objective of the scheme is to prioritise pedestrian and cycle movements over vehicles and to provide a safer and more attractive connection between the three primary schools, the secondary school, sports ground, and the numerous housing estates along the scheme extents.
The drawings together with the information leaflet are available for inspection on Waterford City and County Council’s consultation portal at consult.waterfordcouncil.ie and is also on display in our Customer Services Departments in Bailey’s New Street in the City and Davitt’s Quay, Dungarvan from Tuesday 3rd October 2023 to Tuesday 31st October 2023.
The Council will consider any submissions or observations made in writing regarding the proposal.
Submissions should be made on the Council’s Consultation portal or by writing to James Cummins, Staff Officer, Active Travel Team, Waterford City & County Council, Menapia Building, The Mall, Waterford or by email to email@example.com to be received by Tuesday 31st October 2023.
Please note that comments, including names of those making comments, submitted to the Council regarding this process will form part of the statutorily required report to be presented at a meeting of the elected members. Accordingly, they may also appear in the public domain.