The following public roads will be closed to through traffic:
1. From 11am Wednesday 8th November 2023 until 11pm Sunday 7th January 2024 the following street will be closed for the Winterval Christmas Market:
Arundel Square – L5532 (from its junction with Peter Street to Conduit Lane).
The Taxi Rank on Peter Street will operate as normal. Please see buseireann.ie for details
on Route W4.
2. From 11am Tuesday 7th November 2023 until 11pm Sunday 31st December 2023 the following street will be closed for the Winterval Santa Installation.
Michael Street (North) L1527 (from its junction with Lady Lane and Patrick St)
3. On Friday 17th November 2023 from 2pm until 7pm the following streets will close for the arrival of Santa Claus and the switching on of the Christmas Lights.
Barronstrand Street – L91091
Broad Street – L91092
Great George’s Street – L90352
4. On Friday 17th November 2023 from 4:30pm until 7pm the following streets will close for the arrival of Santa Claus and the switching on of the Christmas Lights.
Peter Street – L5531
Patrick Street – L1525 (from its junction with Mayors Walk)
Bakehouse Lane – L5530
Note: Between 4:30pm and 5:30pm Friday 17th November there may be significant delays
outbound on The Quay and through traffic should divert via Ashe Road.
5. From 6am Friday 10th November 2023 until 6am Thursday 4th January 2024 the following street will be closed to facilitate Winterval and Waterford Cultural Quarter Events:
O’Connell Street (From its junction with Thomas Hill to Sargent’s Lane)
6. On the following Times & Dates the below roads will be closed to facilitate the Winterval Market & Cultural Quarter Events
• 9pm Thursday 16th November until 10pm Sunday 19th November
• 9pm Thursday 23rd November until 10pm Sunday 26th November
• 9pm Thursday 30th November until 10pm Sunday 3rd December
• 9pm Thursday 7th December until 10pm Sunday 10th December
• 9pm Thursday 14th December until 10pm Sunday 17th December
• 9pm Wednesday 20th December until 10pm Saturday 23rd December
Gladstone Street (L5501)
Sargent’s Lane (L15023)
Access to Jenkin’s Lane & Little Patrick Street Car Parks shall be via Thomas Hill & Meetinghouse Lane. Access to the Quays shall be via Ballybricken or Penrose Lane
7. From 6am Monday 13th November 2023 until 11pm Sunday 31st December 2023 the following
public Car Park shall close to facilitate a Winterval Event.
Jenkin’s Lane Car Park (L90356) – access to Little Patrick Street Car park will be unaffected.
8. ach Saturday from Saturday 18th November 2023 until Saturday 23rd December 2023 the Applemarket will host the Santa’s Elves Christmas Letter Collection Winterval Event and other Christmas Events. Residential and Emergency Access to Spring Garden Alley will be unaffected. The usual Road Closures for the Applemarket will apply